9.14.2013

Just a little Sprinkle to show we care.

I always said this blog would be about my craft.  Not about my life or my children.  But today I'm going to muddy that area.  

You may have heard that I'm pregnant.  37 weeks, full term, today.  That means that not only will I have to begin the obligatory "how do I get this creature out of me" google searches but I'm pretty sure he dropped, like yesterday.  

Last weekend we had a shower for him.  Because my daughter and my son are only 22 months apart, we didn't need a whole lot of baby stuff.  But we do need diapers, wipes, "boy" clothes, etc.  But more to the point.  We needed a party.  Violet will have the photos and keepsakes from her shower forever.  She will be able to see that so many people came to "see" her and contribute to her life before she was even here.  

I felt sad that Wes wouldn't have that.  I'm a documenter.  I keep stuff.  Things have meaning to me.  I'm not a hoarder, far from it.  But I remember everything and Vi has a box of things from her life that I can pull out and explain what they are to her.  I was very sad Wes wouldn't have some of those things.  

So I kinda said screw it.  We are having a party for him.  For him.  To show that he is important and loved whether he is born yet or not.  

I'm glad we did.  :)

I designed and made the invitation and these little cards.  So there.  This IS a post about my craft. 

These cards made me cry when they were filled out.  I haven't done one yet.  It feels too important somehow. 



Onesie decorating.  




One proud little big sister and a Border Collie butt.



 The guys in the kitchen.  I love that that is where they hang.  Hey, Jeff, Make me a sammich!







We got some stuff, this is a hamper my mom had made for me. SO MUCH CUTE.



My little couch is less comfy than it used to be.... 



My mom, I can't get much done without her.  <3 you mum. 



Finished Onesies.  







Guesses.  I have disowned anyone that wrote anything over 10/5 and 9lbs. 



My family in our home.  I'm old and lame but damn it feels good to be a housewife gangsta. 



No comments:

Post a Comment